Just read on FZ.se, the 20 reasons to why the Japanese wont buy a 3DS. Let’s go through the list shall we, follwed by some thoughts.
1. Price is high/waiting for a price drop
Well this is a big hurdidur for any new handheld. The prices are crazy, you may as well invest in new computer parts or a console.
2. Satisfied by DS/DSi
Meh, I like a lot of upcoming 3Ds titles, and I want them! Sadly the point number ones still makes this a no sale for me…
3. Worried about eye strain
If I was worried about eye strain, I wouldn’t play as much as I do. 😀
4. Worried about getting sick from the screen
You may as well look at the answer for point three.
5. Few launch titles
Agreed, but there seems to a lot of cool titles coming up like Resident Evil titles, Blazblue, Zelda titles and so on.
6. Will buy once a game I want is released
And once they release 3DS 2.0.
7. Satisfied by cell phone and smartphone game
8. Satisfied by PSP
Don’t have any of the above but hell I would love to have it all really…
9. The battery is weak
10. It’s heavy and I don’t feel like carrying it with me
11. Can’t play Game Boy Advance games
12. The colour I want isn’t available
13. Can’t play Game Boy games
You serious? If you have game boy/advance games, I bet you have something to play them on already.
14. I’ll save my money for NGP, thank you very much
15. Waiting for a version with a larger screen
16. Because you can’t move your DSi Points over
17. The buttons layout looks hard to use
18. No Famicom/NES in the Virtual Console
19. The zoom view for DS games is hard on the eyes
20. Waiting until my friend buys it
Im just gonna end up saying 3DS 2.0 on these to sum it up. That’s really what I’m waiting for, a 3DS that fixes the current issues they are having, cause I KNOW FOR SURE that they will do what they always do. Release 2 or 3 versions before they are happy with the thing. It’s too bad that they just can’t release a handheld that they feel is finished to begin with, or at least give it some proper fan testing or something so they know about them before hand… oh well.
3DS 2.0 where are you!? And… how long before your price drop below that of a PS3? Or PSP? …