Time for another TOP 5 list. This time I’m talking about 5 games that I think you should use to introduce new players to the hobby. So they’re not for groups made completley out of new players, but for a mix.
Hope you enjoy the list, and I will see you next week with another review!
Until next time, take care.
Shadowrun Returns is a RPG game with a turnbased fighting system set in a dystopian cyber-punk world. I’ve always loved the universe and setting for the Shadowrun games, mixing a setting where hackers and shamans, modern firearms and magic powers excist together.
I was a huge fan of the old SNES game set in the Shadowrun universe and was a bit worried about the fact that they had removed the real-time fighting, something I feel like they could have approved on today. But as soon as I got in there and tried it out, it reminded me a lot of the fighting from the new Xcom game and I was emediatly sold on it.
The story in the game has a great flow but you should all be aware that there are no recorded voices, everything is text based and for all of you out there that skips through text, you do not want to do that here. The story is told through dialog and written story segments and it has a GOOD flow that keeps you going through the game in a steady pace. And just like the old Shadowrun game and Fallout games you make dialog choises that may change how things playout for you. It’s a great system that keeps you involved throughout the story.
The game as a whole can feel a bit flat and one-directional at times but it really pulls you through it. You will play this to the end, and I was actually thinking: WHAT it’s over!? Already!? But then I relaized I had actually spent 17 hours playing this game, so… not bad, not bad at all.
A long time ago, I asked if there was anyone out there that would like to write for this blog. At the time I didn’t get that many readers and the ones that did come on here often probably weren’t bloggers themselves. But now the number of readers has been going up steadily (yay!). So I thought I would give this another chance. This time with a little more proper request.
What am I looking for?
– Anyone is welcome to leave a message here and tell me you’re interested! It doesn’t matter what gender, how old, or where you’re from. Just enjoy writing!
– You love games and gaming
– You love writing about games and gaming!
– If you already have a blog where you write regularly that is great!
– I’d love to see people that interested in any of the following; Card Gaming in general, YuGiOh, Miniature Gaming, nerdy things, “life of a gamer” issues/thoughts and ideas.
Something that’s important for you to know is that I’m not looking to steal time from your blog writing, if you have something that you’re posting on your blog that is interesting for gaming nerds I will simply share it on my blog as well. Sure I’d love to see you write something specific that would fit on here but it’s not a requirement.
What do I as a guest writer get out of this?
– Info/PR for you and your own blog! I will make a page specially for anyone that wants to share their writing on here. There you can write a small presentation on you with a link to your own blog! (Presentation is of course optional).
– Be a part of a bigger community. If this goes well, and we get a few bloggers together, there is no end to what this could become. Next step may be a website, YouTube and Twitter account under a collaboration name.
– This is a thing that’s supposed to be FUN! Always remember that.
What is this project?
– The whole idea with this project is to create a small community with writers/gamers and hobbyist that LOVE to share their thoughts on different subjects in gaming.
– This blog will be a spring board to share our articles and thoughts to work our way up in the blogging world.
– Together we can do great things!
– Most importantly, this project is supposed to be FUN. Not a goldmine, not a publicity stunt for anyone, but a fun project with an evolving community and goal.
So what are you waiting for? Already have something that you feel would be worth sharing? Leave me a message!
And if you have any questions? Leave me a message!
Until next time Nurglings, take care.
I have 12 days to complete this goal.
The Field – Media / Gaming Industry / or closely related.
Yea I’m crazy; at times I’m even insane. But I really need to get myself out there. I’m not a person that feels good when being inactive. Lately I’ve been trying to activate myself again. I’ve been working on a proper new CV, a website to follow it up. I’ve been sending letters to companies all over the place, asking for the chance of an internship, every single application written specifically for that company and in a very stylish manor.
Why I want to work in the field mentioned?
I have a dream! No I’m not trying to joke this away, I really have a dream, a dream that I never allowed myself to pursue in the past. Maybe it’s the fact that I’ve been told since my early media education that it’s a hard field to get a foothold in. You need to work hard, and there will always be someone out there more qualified than you.
Lately I’ve realized. All those people out there that are more qualified than me; they are not me.
So now I’m doing it. I will find my way out there no matter what path I need to take.
Why in 12 days?
For me it’s important to set a deadline. This way I work harder and I gain some focus in what I do. Some people may see it as an unnecessary stress; I see it as a goal.
Why I share this with you?
Cause you can all help! Everyone that actually read this (and I doubt all of you did), can pass this forward. Link it, tweet it, post it, like it, forward it, everything is welcomed and I thank you for it, from the bottom of my heart. This may seem like an insane world to be a part of in 12 days, but maybe, just maybe, the right person will read this.
Thank you everyone, for reading.
– Alexander Eliasson