To clarify the Double Faced / Day Night / Transform cards
Hello my Nurglings!
I know that there’s plenty of you out there concerned about the different rulings for Double Faced Cards (from now on DFC). I will be gathering a few rule questions and answers here for you all to read up on, if something is confusing, well just leave a comment so I can clarify it. A big thanks to Mark Rosewater who answered a few of these on his twitter: @maro254 Let’s start with those ones.
1. Premium DFC are premium on both sides.
2. Every Innistrad booster has a DFC (they replace a common with a DFC of any rarity).
3. Three out of four Innistrad boosters has a checklist card instead of a land card.
4. DFC cannot be turned facedown, they don’t have a facedown.
5. If you copy a DFC, you only copy the face-up side (day side).
6. If you play with opaque sleeves, you can play DFC’s in your deck. If not, you use the checklist card.
7. DFC are always “sun side up” in zones other than on the battlefield.
8. Cards, equipments, enchantments, counters, effects, damage all stay on the DFC as they transform. It’s still the same card.
9. During draft, you may “hide” your DFC pick under the land/checklist card.
Anything he/I forgot to mention? If you come up with a question, leave it here and I will add whatever information I can find to the list.To be honest, there are plenty of questions when it comes to drafting/limited in Innistrad, we will just have to wait for some more information about that.
Until next time, stay safe.